Spring Term (1st Half)
Monday 4th January to Friday 15th February 2021
Welcome back after the Christmas holidays, we trust you all had a relaxing break .
We would love to see some of your Christmas pictures on Tapestry so we can talk to your child about it when they return.
This term brings the arrival of some new children and we extend a warm welcome to them and their parents/carers.
- To ensure we continue to provide a COVID safe environment for your children we will continue with our guidance when dropping off and collecting your child.
If you have any COVID symptoms you must not enter the preschool!
- Please ensure your child is wearing clean clothes every session.
- If you drive please park in the carpark opposite the Preschool
- Wait outside following social distancing rules
- Only one adult to drop off your child, please avoid bringing siblings, if necessary we will collect your child from the front door.
- You will be called in three children at a time (please be patient this process may take a few minutes.)
- It is mandatory you wear a face covering upon entering (adults only)
- You must wash yours and your child’s hands following guidance for 20 seconds
- Please hang all of your child’s belongings on their peg
- You will be expected to say goodbye to your child at the hall door, however we understand that some children and parents will feel anxious for the first couple of weeks so you may enter the hall where there is a new ‘DROP OFF’ zone and your keyperson will be ready to meet you. Unfortunately you are unable to stay as we will be in our secure bubble.
- You will exit following our one way system.
- Your keyperson will send photos of how your child’s day has been via our on line journals (tapestry)
- Please inform us if someone else is collecting your child (remember they must be over 16 and be on your collection list, they will be asked to provide the password before we hand over your child) please ensure they know our safety measures and what we expect of them.
- Wait outside following social distance rules
- Your child will be brought to you by a member of staff.
- Please disperse quickly when you have collected your child to avoid overcrowding.
Each week a new policy is added to the notice board in the corridor for you to read. We would appreciate you spending a couple of minutes reading this as it helps us in our annual review of policies, whilst also ensuring that you are aware of policies and procedures within the setting.
SCHOOL ADMISSIONS: 2021 cohort
Application deadline for applying for a space at primary school is 15th January 2021. Please ensure you have completed the readiness for school questionnaire.
In the interest of safety can you please use the car park opposite when dropping off or collecting your child/ren. It can get very congested and difficult to see oncoming traffic if parents park right in front of the village hall.
May we remind you that we have a ‘no dogs policy’ on the premises; please refrain from bringing your dogs to playschool and tying them up as some of our children have phobias about dogs.
Donations needed this term:
- Antibacterial surface wipes
- Antibacterial spray
Please send your child to playgroup in appropriate labelled clothing, remembering that we DO go outside in ALL WEATHERS. You need to provide waterproof clothing and wellington boots.